Our Privacy Commitment to You
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality of your personal health information. The types of personal health information we collect may include your name, date of birth, health history, OHIP number, and records of the care provided to you. We collect, use, and disclose personal health information for the following purposes:
- to provide nutrition counselling to our clients.
- to collaborate with other members of your healthcare team (as identified by you).
- to obtain payment for services provided (from you or insurance).
- to conduct quality improvement and risk management activities.
- to comply with our regulatory obligations to the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- for other purposes required or permitted by law.
We will collect, use, and disclose only as much personal health information as is needed to achieve these purposes. You can withhold or withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal health information by contacting us [details below].
Access to Health Records
You have the right to access to your health records that we keep and to ask us to correct a record if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us for more information.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or want to make a complaint about our privacy policies, please contact:
Samantha Holmgren, RD PO Box 2229 Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Phone Number: 1-807-598-0645
For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes. The Information and Privacy Commissioner can be reached at:
Record of Reviews
|December 6, 2021
|Fixing formatting; adding record of reviews
|October 27, 2021